We recommend the 5S method as an entrance to lean manufacturing. Providing the initial trigger, most appropriate supported and accompanied by management, we usually introduce 5S in a pilot area. The comprehensive implementation of 5S starts from this point.
It is an objective of the 5S method to turn the pilot workplace into an „item on display“, operation in a value added mode without searching and waiting times and long transportation.
- Team composition and determination of the pilot area for the initial 5S workshop. Target group: staff members from manufacturing, and organizationally linked areas (production engineering, control, QA and logistics)
- Practicality oriented training for all participants (5S Game and 5S Simulation)
- Definition of objectives and performance indicators. Measurement of results, e.g. reduction of used space, sorted out material
- Execution of 5S-Workshop and implementation of immediate actions and /or recording of improvements in activity lists
- Designation of new standards for processes, rules, forms and information systems etc.
- Review and presentation of results every 6 months to monitor and secure sustainability
What do you get on top of this?
- The proprietary 5S-Kit and 5S Simulation Game enhance our practicality oriented training methods and guarantee a well accepted procedure